Saturday, March 13, 2010

Wednesday's Class - Fun Was Had by All!

This week's class was Multi-Strand Jewelry. I should say that was the main focus of class but I encourage students to make whatever they'd like in whatever materials they like. In my opinion, nothing's worse than taking a class where everyone makes EXACTLY the same thing with the same materials/colors. In my classes I try to foster creativity and uniqueness.

We had some new faces this week. I met Chrissie and Linda at the "A Bead at a Time" and "Bead Retreat" demo I did a few weeks ago. They opted to do a "Bead Retreat" bracelet kit instead of a multi-strand project. They both left with beautiful bracelets. Julie was another one of the new faces. She worked on a green triple strand bracelet. She did a great job picking beads from her "stash" to come up with a pattern. Renu worked on a trendy necklace for her daughter. It came out great! Diana made a blue fiber optic chip triple strand bracelet. Loved the colors! Mindy brought in a necklace she made at home for "show and tell" and reworked a bracelet she had made before. She knows how to integrate pearls of all types into her fantastic designs. 

I really do need to remember to bring my camera to class so that I can share some of their gorgeous creations with you.

All in all - fun was had by all! Keep up the great work everyone!

Hope to see you again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers! I enjoy reading your opinions, advice and more so please feel free to comment as much as you would like.