Monday, March 22, 2010

Peyote Stitch Class

The weather was absolutely gorgeous the past few days so I was busy doing Spring things which meant I neglected my blog. The sun is gone and we're back to drenching rain so I'm back...

Last Wednesday's class was Peyote Stitch, or more specifically, even count flat peyote stitch. Everyone did a great job. I passed along the method I learned from Leslie Rogalski several years ago. If it wouldn't be for that tip I wouldn't be teaching this class and peyote stitch wouldn't be my favorite beading stitch.

Students had a choice of starting a bracelet, pendant or tube beads. Everyone chose to start a bracelet so they all left with "homework". We'll work on finishing techniques during the Bead Social/UFO class at the end of the month.

This week's class is Memory Wire Jewelry. More info on the class later.

Stay dry everyone. Keep your fingers crossed that we don't get flooded again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers! I enjoy reading your opinions, advice and more so please feel free to comment as much as you would like.