Sunday, March 14, 2010

I've Rarely Met a Bead I Didn't Like!

We've had torrential rains the past few days so I've stayed inside. Some reports say we've gotten over 5 inches of rain. I'm glad it wasn't snow!!! It's almost Spring so I decided to do some cleaning and organizing. OMG!!! Due to the fact that I've rarely met a bead I didn't like I think I have enough beads to last several lifetimes. I even worked on my bookcases holding my craft books. I was amazed at all the books and magazines with sticky notes hanging out indicating the projects I'd like to make. If I want to make them all, I'll probably have to complete at least a project a week and live to the ripe old age of 213!

Lately, in an effort to control my bead buying binges, I try to only buy things that I can "see" in finished items. I have WAY too many beads/findings that are just eye candy. At the time, I thought these things were just gorgeous so I bought them without any thought about what I'd actually do with them. Years later they're still sitting there - unused. I'm thinking about putting these up for sale on Artfire or Etsy. It would be just my luck though to sell something and it becomes the next huge fashion trend and then I'd kick myself for getting rid of it.

I still cruise the bead aisles at the craft stores and go to bead shows whenever they're local. I didn't say I was going cold turkey!!! Besides, someone has to keep Mindy company. She says I'm her "bead enabler".

Anybody else Spring cleaning? Are your beads organized? How - by color or material? Do you have any suggestions on how to organize your bead/craft room? Let me know...

Happy beading!

1 comment:

  1. Julie,
    I love the new background and all the new "toys" on the sidebars! It's really entertaining and informative!

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers! I enjoy reading your opinions, advice and more so please feel free to comment as much as you would like.