Thursday, February 18, 2010

This Blog...

This blog has been mainly for informational purposes for the classes I teach at A.C. Moore in Rockaway, NJ. Every once in a while I post some other miscellaneous info. I've decided to try to post more beading/jewelry making info on here (and more often) in hopes of getting more people to read. If you stop by PLEASE leave a comment. I know that there are quite a few visitors but few people leave comments.

Class last night was mellow - just two students. As usual, lots of chit chatting though. It was so nice to see Renu again. She took a little hiatus from beading but hopefully will be back on a regular basis. Several months ago Renu came to class with a blue suitcase in tow. She has all of her beading supplies and UFOs inside. When it's time for class she just pops the suitcase into her car. What a great idea! I'm usually running around at the last minute trying to gather up everything I need. I was kidding that I'd use her idea as a type of emergency bag. If anything ever happened at my house I would have my beading essentials in a suitcase by the door. Then I realized that ALL of my beads are essential and I'd need a forklift to pick up the suitcase. LOL

Stephanie worked on her beaded heart. She didn't get it finished in time for Valentine's Day because we got snowed out last week. Sorry about that! It turned out great. She has some sewing background so she picked up right angle weave pretty quickly. She'll do great when we get to the other beading stitches.

Mindy couldn't make it to class last night because she was attending a fundraising dinner for PASS (Parsippany Animal Supporters Society). I'll have to talk to her about donating some animal related jewelry that they can auction off. Anyone else want to help with this?

Lisa's still a little under the weather after her surgery. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Next week is our monthy Bead Social/UFO Night. Always a fun night. More details to come!

Thanks for stopping by. Happy beading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers! I enjoy reading your opinions, advice and more so please feel free to comment as much as you would like.