Sunday, February 21, 2010

Demo Yesterday - Thanks!

Yesterday I did a demo at A.C. Moore in Dover/Rockaway. I'm usually back by the beading/jewelry section but yesterday was different. I was right by the door. At first I was kind of disappointed because I like being in the beading/jewelry section.

What a GREAT idea having me up front! I asked the manager to move the "rounder" with the Bead Retreat™ and A Bead at a Time™ items so they could be next to my table. THAT was a great idea too!

I kept causing traffic jams in the store because so many people were around my table. I know I probably shouldn't say this but... I really LIKED the items I was demoing for a change. The last few projects have really left a lot to be desired.

The Bead Retreat™ "kits" are great if you're a beginner or more advanced beader. EVERYTHING is included to make the project shown on the package - beading wire, beads (high quality), clasp and crimps (tubes instead of beads). The only extras you'll need are a bead board (if desired), either crimpers or flat nose pliers and wire nippers. You'll usually have enough extra beads to make a pair of earrings. Earring findings are sold in a different kit. All in all a nice, quality project at an affordable price.
A Bead at a Time™ products are an affordable alternative to Pandora™, Trollbeads™, and Chamilia™. Once I showed people how easy it was to add the beads to the necklce or bracelet they were excited. Most couldn't believe how inexpensive the line was - $1.99 to $9.99. The necklaces and bracelets are the more expensive items. The charms and beads were on sale last week for 2/$3. That WAS a great deal!

By the time I left, several pegs on the displays were empty. Hopefully they will be restocked promptly because I think both of these product lines will be good sellers.

Several woman signed up to take some of my classes so that was a big plus too!

Time to bead! I'm trying to complete at least one bead project/UFO a week.

Hope to see you soon - maybe Wednesday! Happy beading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers! I enjoy reading your opinions, advice and more so please feel free to comment as much as you would like.