Monday, September 29, 2008

This Week's Class - Personalized Charms/Pendants (Oct. 1)

This week's class is going to be a lot of fun. We'll be making personalized charms and/or pendants. Here's a brief description:

Shrink plastic isn’t just for kids anymore! Use this blast-from-the-past product to create your own unique personalized charms, pendants and other items. You’ll use several tools (Sizzix die cuts, punches and decorative scissors) and coloring techniques (markers, pencils, rubber stamps, chalks and paint). Students should be able to make several charms and a pair of earrings or a simple bracelet or necklace during class.
This class is suitable for ages 12 and up.

Supplies: Shrink plastic sheets, assortment of beads, head pins, earring findings, stringing material (ex. Beadalon or leather cording), clasp, crimp beads or tubes, jump rings, Sizzix dies, punches, decorative scissors, markers, pencils, rubber stamps, chalks, paint, heat gun, a bead board or bead mat is also recommended
Cost: $20 + supplies

I have been playing around with shrink plastic (aka Shrinky Dinks) for a long time. The possibilities are endless with this product. I'll try to upload some pictures of my projects today or tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your class goes well. :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a GREAT class last night. Mindy made some bat and skull charms and Renu made a beautiful flower necklace for her daughter. What creative students I have!!! They've requested I do this class again but it takes me FOREVER to get everything together so I don't think it will be until early next year.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers! I enjoy reading your opinions, advice and more so please feel free to comment as much as you would like.