Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Upcoming Bead Shows

I have to tell you. I just LOVE going to bead shows. I can still remember the first one I went to. My friend Mef and I drove to Newark, DE for an Intergalactic Bead Show. We were like kids in a candy shop. The minute I stepped into the room my heart started pounding and I almost hyperventilated! LOL

Last year we took two "beadventures" (bead + adventure) with some students from class. The first one we went to was an Innovative Bead Expo in Edison and the other one was Beadfest outside of Philly.

The reason bead shows are so great is that you see MANY more bead products than you do in places like AC Moore or Michaels. The prices are fantastic too. Everyone wears their own creations and you get lots of inspirations for your own work.

The next bead show in the area is The Whole Bead Show in NYC March 28-30. Here's the link: www.wholebead.com

The other show is an Innovative Beads Expo in Edison April 12-13. www.innovativebeadsexpo.com.

If anyone is interested in going to either of these shows let me know. I'm always up for another "beadventure"!

Happy Beading!

Julie :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie,
    We did have a grat time at both bead show! This year I'll bring a larger canvas bag (for all the goodies) and a whole lot more money! See ya at the next class,
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers! I enjoy reading your opinions, advice and more so please feel free to comment as much as you would like.